By Margaret Shepherd
In an age of myriad desktop fonts and fast conversation, your handwriting type is more and more a really own production. during this publication, Margaret Shepherd, America's premiere calligrapher, indicates you that calligraphy isn't easily a craft you could study, yet a chic paintings shape that you should make your own.
Calligraphy continues to be perennially renowned, frequently decorating marriage ceremony invites, diplomas, and advertisement indicators. if it is Roman, Gothic, Celtic, Bookhand, or Italic type, calligraphy conveys classification and magnificence. Margaret Shepherd makes this historical artwork shape obtainable in a totally hand-lettered technical advisor that will:
* offer context for calligraphy as an paintings, exploring the wealthy culture of hand-lettering and mapping the evolution of the most well-liked styles.
* provide designated technical recommendation on picking out pens, paper, and inks, establishing your workspace, getting to know a variety of pen angles, in addition to step by step illustrations to lead you as you perform.
* clarify which alphabets are applicable for various types of writing. for instance, the Roman alphabet works good for brief, unpunctuated passages, whereas the Italic alphabet is extra fitted to casual daily communique.
* motivate you to customize your lettering through the use of variation strokes and studying the way you would prefer the phrases to appear at the page.
* encourage you with conscientiously selected illustrations and examples, which deliver letters to life.
In Margaret Shepherd's personal phrases, "Calligraphy trains not just your eye and hand, yet your brain as well." Learn Calligraphy is the authoritative primer for this age-old craft, and should support improve a brand new appreciation for lettering as you find your artistic character.