By George W. Bush
During this candid and gripping account, President George W. Bush describes the serious judgements that formed his presidency and private life.
George W. Bush served as president of the USA in the course of 8 of the main consequential years in American background. the choices that reached his table impacted humans around the globe and outlined the days within which we live.
Decision Points brings readers contained in the Texas governor's mansion at the evening of the 2000 election, aboard Air strength One throughout the harrowing hours after the assaults of September eleven, 2001, into the location Room moments earlier than the beginning of the warfare in Iraq, and backstage on the White condo for lots of different ancient presidential decisions.
For the 1st time, we study President Bush's viewpoint and insights on:
- His selection to surrender ingesting and the adventure that led him to his Christian faith
- The number of the vice chairman, secretary of safeguard, secretary of nation, preferrred court docket justices, and different key officials
- His relationships together with his spouse, daughters, and oldsters, together with heartfelt letters among the president and his father at the eve of the Iraq War
- His administration's counterterrorism courses, together with the CIA's improved interrogations and the Terrorist Surveillance Program
- Why the worst second of the presidency used to be listening to accusations that race performed a task within the federal government’s reaction to storm Katrina, and a serious overview of what he might have performed another way through the crisis
- His deep main issue that Iraq may well develop into a defeat more expensive than Vietnam, and the way he made up our minds to defy public opinion by means of ordering the troop surge
- His legislative achievements, together with tax cuts and reforming schooling and Medicare, in addition to his setbacks, together with Social safety and immigration reform
- The relationships he cast with different global leaders, together with a good overview of these he did and didn’t trust
- Why the failure to deliver Osama bin weighted down to justice ranks as his largest unhappiness and why his good fortune in denying the terrorists their fondest wish—attacking the United States again—is between his proudest achievements
A groundbreaking new model of presidential memoir, Decision Points will captivate supporters, shock critics, and alter views on 8 notable years in American history—and at the guy on the heart of events.
Since leaving place of work, President George W. Bush has led the George W. Bush Presidential middle at Southern Methodist collage in Dallas, Texas. the guts comprises an energetic coverage institute operating to strengthen tasks within the fields of schooling reform, worldwide health and wellbeing, monetary progress, and human freedom, with a distinct emphasis on selling social entrepreneurship and developing possibilities for girls worldwide. it is going to additionally apartment an respectable executive archive and a state of the art museum that might open in 2013.